Off-Campus Library Services for Faculty
The library is committed to meeting the information needs of Faculty that are teaching through distance and distributed learning. We have a services and resources developed specifically for you and your students. For access information and materials request forms, go to the Off-Campus Services page . Please contact us for assistance and further information.
How to make research part of an online or off-campus course
- Post a link to the library's web site: http://library.jscc.edu
- Post our contact information at: http://library.jscc.edu/
- Post a link to the Off-Campus Services page, and encourage students to use the services to do research.
- Use guidelines to create research assignments, librarians can help.
- E-mail the Database password sheet to your students. Ask a librarian for an electronic copy.
- Ask a librarian to find electronic information on your subject that can be disseminated to you students.
Library instruction for online and off-campus courses
- Library instruction is available at the centers and sites. You can request instruction by calling 731-425-2615 (Scott Cohen) or Joyce Johnston at 731-424-3520, ext. 50329
- For online classes, we can created various instructional materials including bibliographies, subject guides, power point presentations, and video demonstrations using Camtasia.
Reference services for online and off-campus courses
- Contact us by phone or online for reference questions.
- Librarians can create bibliographies of electronic resources such as journal articles, electronic reference sources, electronic books, and web pages.
- The library staff can electronically scan and e-mail selections of print resources that are owned by the library.
- Librarians can help you create effective research assignments.