Van Veatch Room
The Jackson State Community College Library has a small meeting /study room known as the Van Veatch Room. It has a table with comfortable seating for 6-10 people. There is a telephone and wireless access to the Internet. Food and drinks may be served there.
Reserving the Van Veatch room
- Reservations should be made with the library staff. Reservations can be made in person at the library front desk or by calling 425-2609.
- Two or more students can reserve the room.
- People reserving the Van Veatch room should state their reason for using it, as well as give the name, phone number and email address of a contact person.
- JSCC personnel and students may reserve the Van Veatch room for college business, meetings, training or study, but the room may not be reserved for personal or commercial reasons.
- The Van Veatch room is for persons affiliated with the college only..
- Reservations should be made with the library staff. The number to call is 425-2609. People reserving the room should state the reason for reserving the room. People reserving the room for a meeting should give the name of the meeting and a contact person with phone number and e-mail.
- The room may not be reserved for personal or commercial reasons. The room is for study and school-related meetings.
Use of the Van Veatch room
- Meetings must take place within library hours of operation. Groups must vacate Van Veatch room at least 15 minutes prior to the library's closing
- Groups may serve non-alcoholic beverages in the Van Veatch Room. Food is allowed also. Clean-up is the responsibility of the group serving refreshments; the room is to be left in a clean and orderly condition.
- If a group uses a coffeemaker, it is to be turned off, unplugged and cleaned before group vacates the room.