Van Veatch Room
The Jackson State Community College Library has a small meeting room known as the Van Veatch Room. It has a table with comfortable seating for 6-10 people. There is a television, a telephone and wireless access to the Internet. Food and drinks may be served there. It can also be used as a group study room.
Reserving the Van Veatch room
- The Van Veatch room is reserved on a first come, first served basis.
- Three or more students, staff or faculty may reserve the Van Veatch room for school related activities for a period of up to four hours. A group can request up to another 4 hours, if no one else has reserved the room at the end of the first 4 hour session.
- If a second group of people reserves the room before an original group's first session in the room ends, then the first group must vacate the room at the start of the second group's reserved time.
- If a second group asks to reserve the room after a first group has already reserved and started an additional session, that second group will have to wait until the first group's additional time is complete, up to the 4 hours allowed for a second session.
- Groups must make a reservation every time they want to use the room. There must be at least 30 minutes between the end of one reserved meeting time and the beginning of the next.
- Reservations should be made with the library staff. The number to call is 425-2609. People reserving the room should state the reason for reserving the room. People reserving the room for a meeting should give the name of the meeting and a contact person with phone number and e-mail.
- The room may not be reserved for personal or commercial reasons. The room is for study and school-related meetings.
Use of the Van Veatch room
- Meetings must take place within library hours of operation. Groups must vacate Van Veatch room at least 15 minutes prior to the library's closing
- Groups may serve non-alcoholic beverages in the Van Veatch Room. Food is allowed also. Clean-up is the responsibility of the group serving refreshments; the room is to be left in a clean and orderly condition.
- If a group uses a coffeemaker, it is to be turned off, unplugged and cleaned before group vacates the room.